COPYRIGHT what you need to know:
2015-2018 Jane Schonian
All rights reserved. Jane Schonian legally owns the rights to her intellectual property, including images and writing. It is registered with the US Copyright Office and can only be transferred in writing.
Which mean that it is illegal to:
- copy or/reproduce the painting or limited edition print, that you purchased.
- copy or/reproduce images and writing from janecreates.com
Any intentional or unintentional violation of these rules is considered a copyright infringement and is a violation of U.S. and international copyright law.
"Copyright Basics", US Copyright Office
Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States (title 17, U.S. Code) to he authors of "original works of authorship," including
literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works. this protection is available to both published and unpublished works. Section 106 of the 1976 opyright Act generally gives the owner of copyright the exclusive right to do and authorize others to do the following:
- reproduce the work in copies
- prepare derivative works based upon the work
- dispute copies of the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental. lease. or lending
- display the work publicly
It is illegal for anyone to violate any of the rights provided by the copyright law to the owner of copyright.